Let me start off by saying this award is as equally corny as it is awesome, so I guess it suits me perfectly!! In all seriousness, it’s deeply humbling to me that someone, anyone, would be that interested to read what I have to say, let alone think I deserve to be nominated for any type of award for it. So a HUGE thank you to jcmarckx for the nomination! I’ve been following his blog since one of the first days I started stumbling around this site, and if you aren’t already familiar, please do yourself a favor and check it out- http://jcmarckx.wordpress.com/ If you love to read honest, heart-felt, and well written work, then it would be a tremendous loss not to.
So, without further ado…
The Liebster Award
The Liebster Award is intended to recognize up-and-coming blogs, particularly those with fewer than 200 followers.
Here are the rules.
- Post eleven facts about yourself
- Answer the questions posed by your nominator
- Pass the award on to eleven new recipients
- Pose eleven new questions to your bloggers
Post a copy of the badge on your blog (type “Liebster Award” into Google images; you’ll find plenty to choose from). Notify nominees and include links to the originating blog, as well as the new recipients.
Eleven facts about me:
- Music is like oxygen to me, I can’t live without it. I normally go to live shows at least 2 or 3 times a month, but sometimes it’s that many in a week!
- I lived in Hawaii for one year right after graduating college.
- I LOVE cheese and think that anyone that doesn’t is just a crazy person lacking taste buds.
- I love to dance and took classes for 18 years in tap, jazz, ballet and recently hip hop (just for fun!)
- I live at the beach in NJ.
- I love Jane Austen.
- I have one of the worst diets ever and crave sweets and dessert.
- I love animals and have two cats- Sooty and Chloe. I’m sure I’ll end up posting pics of them sometime soon and am kind of shocked that I haven’t already.
- I love sports, especially college basketball and NFL football (Duke and Eagles for anyone wondering).
- I love writing and am so excited to pursue it full time.
1. What are you currently reading? Steal Like An Artist, a friend lent it to me and its a short, easy read with tons of great ideas and tips!
2. What is your all-time favorite book? Pride and Prejudice or Little Women. I don’t think I could decide between the two and if I did, it would revert back and forth on a daily basis.
3. What is your favorite genre of book to read? Fiction or Biography/Autobiography depending upon who the person is.
4. Do you have any designs to be a novelist? Not currently, but as I delve more and more into writing I absolutely flirt with the idea!
5. Do you watch television? What is your favorite show? Not as much as I used to, and I’m not sure if reality/competition type shows count but it would currently be “So You Think You Can Dance.” I love the artistry of the dancing and choreography combined with the music and emotion they invoke. And anything that brings happy tears, as that show so often does, is a win in my book.
6. Do you write in silence, or do you need background noise? Silence, unless I’m writing a music/album review.
7. Do you speak a second language? Very little Spanish. After 4 years of it, one would think it would be better. It’s kind of pathetic actually
8. Have you ever met anyone famous? I’ve met countless artists and bands before or after their sets at shows, but I don’t know how “famous” any of them actually are haha Also, last winter I went to see Sister Act on Broadway and the little old lady from the movie, Ellen Albertini Dow (also the piano teacher in The Wedding Singer) was there! I knew it was her voice right away, but it was cool that she was there to see the musical of the movie she was an actress in!
9. Do you prefer an urban home, a suburban home, or a rural home? Urban or suburban. I live 6 blocks from the beach in a quaint little town I love, but a 5 minute walk across the lake and I’m in an urban setting. I’m usually in either NYC or Philly a few times a month as well.
10. What type of music do you prefer? Who is your favorite artist? Currently into the indie scene and my favorite band of the moment is Quiet Company (hailing from the ultra hipster city of Austin,TX and if you’re not familiar I highly recommend checking them out!). But as previously mentioned I love music and could go on and on for days with this question. I’m a lover of classic rock, 90s grunge (all 90s really), pop/punk or as I nostalgically like to refer to it warped tour bands of my HS/college days, 80s pop, with some instrumental symphonies mixed in 🙂
11. Aside from writing, do you have any other talents that you would like to share with the world? I make a mean grilled cheese. I’m talking award winning.
Questions for the nominees:
1. Have you always had a passion for writing or is it something that grew over time?
2. What is your ultimate goal for writing? Hobby, career, Literature Nobel Prize?
3. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend?
4. Can you cook? What’s your favorite dish to make?
5. What is your favorite movie? Any reason why?
6. If you could obtain a career in any field, what would your ultimate dream job be? (Can be within writing or otherwise)
7. Have you traveled internationally? What was your favorite destination?
8. What piece of writing are you most proud of?
9. What type of music do you enjoy? Who is your favorite artist or band?
10. What made you start a blog?
11. Favorite author and/or book?